![]() |
| They're just.. perfect. |
My grandmother had seven brothers. One of them was in the navy, and when he went overseas he got her a book of Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tales. She preserved it, and when I'd go over to hers in the summers, when I was little, she'd give it to me to read. That book was like a window into a magical world; the illustrations were so, so beautiful. My favourite story was Little Ida's Flowers; and The Ugly Duckling was a horrible story but had breathtaking pictures. I've had a soft spot for Andersen ever since.
My sister got a book of Grimm's fairy tales for her birthday a few years ago, and I was delighted to find some familiar names with completely different and twisted stories. And so I love the Grimm brothers. Also, Heath Ledger was in the Grimm Brothers movie. I never could resist a fairy tale.
Jane Austen reminds me of myself, and we sort of have a love-hate relationship. I hate her, and yet there are times when you understand her gravitas and look past the mundaneness and simplicity of her style. She's something.
Lewis Carroll's rhyme. 'Nuf frikkin' said.

This is kinda cool. Especially the Alice in Wonderland one, with the Cheshire Cat smiling and shit.
ReplyDeleteThey look AMAZING. Forget what's inside. They look oh so old and valuable :P.
ReplyDeleteDaaaayyyummmm
ReplyDeleteGRAND. Simply GRAND.
ReplyDeleteArham - Yeah, and one's completely visible while the other has just the smile. Brilliant.
ReplyDeleteNas - I knowwwwwwwwww.
Abeer - HELLO! *waves*
Hamza - ♥ If I could only touch them, and hold them, and smell them, and stare at them, and just..
whoa. I think I'm in love with them.