I wrote this a long time back, around May 6th. 2008.
Signs
I can smell the scent of rain
wafting through the air
I can feel the moisture on my skin
pressing down coolly, I can hardly bear!!
The signs that excite, the signs I love
Signs that foretell a glorious storm
Signs of rain - they're all there
but no rain yet, a trick of some form;
for I can also feel on my face
the warm breeze of a summer day -
mixed with the signs of rain,
they irk me, much to my dismay.
Agitated I am, agitated and confused,
for all the different signs befuddle me.
Is the night going to be warm and harsh
or will it rain, pour like a storm at sea?
These silent whispers, these mixed signs
these non-committal glances and glimpses
they make me want to tear my hair out (!!) -
the way they spin yarns on the non-existant.
Of course, in the end, it doesn't rain
leaving me all hot and bothered
but the occasional one-in-a-hundred shower
is blissful ecstacy, flooding, without borders!
No comments:
Post a Comment