Sunday, 6 September 2009

The Way I Are.

Narcissistic I appear
to those who are near
But they don't know
What makes me so -
It's a deep, cloying fear.

Fear of rejection
Fear of ejection
From the lives of those
Who to me are close
and yet miss in my eyes the dejection.

I crave a companion
My own personal banyan
To whom I will tend
Under who's shade I can bend
But all I have is my reflection.

And so, I give me to myself -
I'm the companion for myself
Thereby becoming a narcissistic
And seemingly selfish, spastic;
When all the while I'm just loving myself.

You see now? I'm far from a narcissistic
With a bloated head that makes me look like a stick
No, I'm a Lover
Hiding under myself, for cover
From a world who's people are ballistic.

~~

EMO POEMS MUCH?????????? :O I know. WHERE are all these sprouting out from?

1 comment: