If you asked me, I'd say I'd want to be Molly Weasley out of all the Harry Potter characters. If you're a full-blooded adolescent male trolling around, this might not interest you, so go away. I mean, I admit that it is conjecture on my part, but really, I am quite convinced that 17 year old boys do not have crushes on the likes of Molly Weasley.
Regardless, I think this is a good thing, and I'll tell you why.
The other day, I was just sitting around drinking hot water (for my throat, feels like heaven) and basically trying not to think about
1. The upcoming exams
2. College and my major in college
3. Life in college
4. Life without my friends
5. Life when labelled a horrible boring old reject in college
and so on, when the thought struck me:
I'm only a BABY. I mean, really, I'm treating this whole college thing with a tad too much foreboding (I don't think this word has a verb form. Adjective, but no verb form. This is the exact word I need to use here, so please, forgive my grammar. No, really, nothing's wrong. I'm as cerebrally sound as ever. No secret aneurysm has manifested alongside my pituitary gland. Though I'm quite sure foreboding is right here. Gut-wise). Most people agree that their college years were 'the best years of their lives'. So really, how bad can it be? At worst, I might be left alone and friendless with no group of like-minded peers to enjoy intellectual banter with. Bah. Who cares? If I just make sure that my course is great, and my college is great, I could simply bury myself in work and get sucked into the vortex that is the thirst for knowledge; especially when fuelled by a keen interest and many, many free weeknights. But I digress.
The reason why me being Molly Weasley is good for all of this is, if I were to be left alone with my own devices, I'd probably end up marrying some adorable yet slightly bonkers bloke (I said bloke. Hah! Bloke! What a fun word) and have tons of children whom I will fuss over and feed and preen and love and bring up in a wholly satisfying and hugely comforting manner, be fiercely protective of my brood and at the same time slightly prejudiced towards girls that might take my boys' hearts for a ride. God, I was watching Got To Dance the other day on AXN, and the show host patted this little girl on the cheek and enquired, "Are you okay, poppet?" and I was like "I WANT SOMEONE TO PAT ME ON MY CHEEK AND CALL ME POPPET!" and I remember thinking that the only person I know who'd do things like that is Molly Weasley. Because really, I think she's so free with her love for everybody, especially children; if I randomly start patting little kids' cheeks and calling them "poppet" the only things I'd get are weird looks, not the adoration-filled looks of those subjected to my affection. God. I don't remember when I started talking this way. All.. proper. It's almost like, if I don't say the words in a certain way, I've stopped breathing, or something. Or I'm ignoring a really persistent itch. Well. For what it's worth, I could just mope around with some writing job till my Arthur trots along. Hah. Did you see that? Trots along? Like a knight on a horse? Arthur? No WAY am I ever getting a writing job. My mother expressed her views on my life and career yet again. Yeah, you know the one. Involving me turning 22? Yeah. I'm sure she's only kidding, though. She must be. Really.
Now I don't know how to end this thing. This post, I mean. I've noticed I have some problem with concluding things. Like essays, and articles that I need to write for school? I just.. taper off.But I'm just going to say that this is a Rant, and I haven't had any of those in while, so this is good. It's all good. Even though I'm not being politically correct. I mean, I just read it through, and I don't mean to imply that I'm going to be seeking temporary employment until I latch myself on to some guy. I intend to fully work all my life. It's just. Poetic justice. And I really do love the notion of an Arthur trotting into my life. I mean, who wouldn't?
Bye.
You amuse me to no end.
ReplyDeleteWe're ALL kids. Only been here less than 2 decades.. worrying should be the last thing on our minds.
sad world we live in.
recycle.
my respect for Molly Weasley went up by 384237826% when i read her battle cry. the one she said before battling Bellatrix in book 7.
ReplyDeleteOMG, and i remember the Mollywobbles part SO well! when Harry was drinking onion soup and Arthur was at the door!
poppet is such a cute word. and so.. DIFFERENT! i've never been called a poppet. but i don't look like someone who could be called a poppet so it's all good. :D
i adore all the 'proper' words you use! even the ones that i don't understand.
♥
Swoo - ♥ I was thinking I'd have to text you to come here and check! Good hting you're more blogly active now :D
ReplyDeleteFurrz - I KNOW ME TOO! Because I'd never had onion soup before (still haven't) and it sounded quite yummy!
Excuse me. ANYBODY can be a poppet. You only need a Molly in your life to be called one. :D
Really? You do? Because sometimes, I hate the way I sound. It seems pretentious, me using words that I cannot even pronounce while writing.
I burst out laughing at the battle cry :D
Onion soup is delicious by the way. Very amusing entry xD I love the harry potter books, not so much the movies. But I really like Molly, she was one of my favorite characters c:
ReplyDelete:C Least she didn't die like all my other favorites.
Great post. I was more of a Luna Lovegood kind of guy, but I see the interest in Molly. I'd say the woman I'm marrying is a Molly. :)
ReplyDeleteYou shouldn't worry about stuff like that, stress is no good. Your blog seems so serene too.
Next part of the story is done, but it will be posed this weekend.
Jessica - *sigh* I'm going to have to take your word for it. Thanks! I have been told I sound amusing xD I love the books AND the movies. Years 11 through 14 were one big Harry Potter blur in my life! I somehow lost that mania a while ago.. but my sister's reading them now and her enthusiasm is quite infectious. C:
ReplyDeleteI KNOW, RIGHT? WHY did she have to kill them all? D: D: D: I was dearly looking forward to Tonks and Lupin's lives together :( AND KILLING FRED LIKE THAT, JUST WHEN THEY'D ALL RECONCILED WITH PERCY, WAS JUST PLAIN EVIL!!!!!!!!!
Kindros - See, that's exactly it. Right now it's not marriage proposals that I'm supposed to invite, but libidinous offers for casual flings. I mean, that's what most others my age are doing. :/ No, actually, I find all of this quite amusing, I do :D
Thank you! I don't know how I managed to cross over from black backgrounds and Amy Lee headers to, well, this. But I do love leaves. And that painting in my header is GORGEOUS.
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT PART OF THE STORY!
I would want to be Luna Lovegood. Chillax. No worries =D crazy happiness.
ReplyDeleteThis doesn't even amuse me. Feeding the cynic in you too much I think. And you call *me* pessimistic.
ReplyDelete*Tut Tut*
Still. Write a book.
Also, The whole post through I thought you were talking about Ginny. And I was a little confused when the Arthur bit popped up. But now it all makes more sense. Yuck. She has a sad life.
Sidrah - Yeah, she's quite a riot! :)
ReplyDeleteSraiyan - Shut up. *I'm NOT thinking about how I thought about the exact same things you said after I posted this* You know, I don't want Arthur. Gimme mah LUPIN! \m/
I want Sirius. Or maybe Lupin. Wait, Snape. When I found out he still loved Lily after all that time, I cried. Who doesn't want a guy who will love you that much? D:
ReplyDelete*goes looking for the views your mother said on you turning 22*
Hah HANIS I'm going to have to tell you that later. In private. Later.
ReplyDeleteSome people can't open and some people can't close a pare with such ease.
ReplyDeleteTeresaurs - Hmm, that's true.
ReplyDeleteWait, is that a compliment?
I'm just going to smile :) and say "Thank you!" :D
"NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!" is the first thing that comes to my mind when i think about molly weasly. and then the red hair and cosy motherly feel. i dont really do hugs and stuff but MAN would i love one from molly weasly! :D
ReplyDeleteand the mollywobbles part ahahahhahahah :D i lovedd thattt the whole horrified whispering and turning red on her part :D i only laughed as hard as that on the part when hagrid snorted into the potatoes he was peeling and harry saw some bogers fly into them :D OMG now u got me started :D
personally id rather be tonks. not a fan of pink hair but changing appearance would be AWHHSOMEE.
so i cant believe i havent come across ur blog before. i love everything about it and am now gonna proceed with stalking it. prim enough for u?
AbeerJ: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANNNNNK YOUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete*clears throat*
I mean, yeah, mate, savvy.
Lupin is me!
ReplyDeleteAnd this is terribly funny. :D
Um. It is NOT funny. I was going through quite a little mental revolution, then. But, as always, glad to amuse! :P
ReplyDeleteWanting to be Molly Weasley counts as a mental revolution?
ReplyDeleteBut of course.
ReplyDelete