The way I see it - and I am Indian - both countries have faced immense hate and despair. But we are united in our fierce grudge and unrelenting grip on the past. I am not, by ANY MEANS, saying that we must forget what happened, the countless lives and struggles all lost to this evil. But all I'm saying is, when generations are handed down this hatred, when will this vicious cycle end? Unless everybody is willing and hoping for peace, we may not achieve it any time soon. And misunderstandings are so rampant in cases like this. I don't know what the general impression is amongst the people from your country regarding us Indians, but we do not all hate you. In fact, a large majority of our populations respects your people, culture and faith. And this is but natural, for were we not both one at the beginning? Our history is interlinked. We must focus on our similarities and the emotions of love and brotherhood that both our countries imbibe and channel it towards each other. I am blessed to have found a few friends from Pakistan through this blogosphere, and they are the best thing that may have happened to me. When all is said this is only a personal opinion, but it just saddens me greatly when people decide to hate each other, with vehemence, without giving each other a chance first. Our forefathers had it bad, but why must we settle with that? Are we all not individuals in our own right? We do not live with their ideals any more when it comes to so many things, but why must we hold on to their hatred? I cannot help but feel, every time I think of Pakistan, a feeling of camaraderie and fraternity. Yours is a wonderful country so rich in culture, just like mine. So, in essence, I believe that instead of hating on each other we must identify our similarities and embrace them, for therein lie our strengths. This whole cricket thing; coming from India where cricket is a religion I cannot call it just a game because I have witnessed the fanfare that it enjoys here, but I do at least understand that the players are not looking to kill each other but just to do justice to their profession. And after Shahid Afridi's warm congratulations to each member of our team, my respect for your country and its people has doubled. I love my country, but I do not hate yours.
~~
I know this is not a proper post, but this is the only thing I can muster right now. Stick with me and maybe in a while something amazing will happen. Hey, that's what I'm doing, myself. *smiles*
i'll tell you something.
ReplyDeletei'm Pakistani, and i LOVE India. i agree with everything you've said and i honestly think that should be the mindset of everyone in both countries.
i'm so amazed by this, LWAP! ♥ i'm so glad to know someone like you.
WHEREEEE did you post this as a comment? tell me!
^ that one comment just had to be Furree's XD
ReplyDeleteI'm Pakistani too, and honestly, I just don't get this stupid enmity some people here display.
OH and I like your blog a lot :D
ReplyDeletewhy did it have to be mine? :P
ReplyDeleteHaha, because you're EVERYWHERE (I don't mean that in a bad way BTW :P) and you're usually one of the first ones to comment, that's whyy XD
ReplyDeleteGreat post! and you are right.
ReplyDeleteBut I feel that it is not the people who hate each other, the average Pakistani does not hate the average Indian, and vice verse, but I feel that it is the governments of each of the countries who try to poison the minds of people for their own agendas, and its not just with us, it's been like this throughout the world. Divide and rule. -_-
But all that does not matter here, I think India is a great country, and yes, congrats on winning the world cup!
But watch out in 2015! Then it's our turn!
:) :)
That is a really nice comment. Its coherent and sensible. And very, very sweet.
ReplyDeleteI wish Pakistan and India were in better terms, I'm so sick of this enmity. And I agree with Smokey_cat.
ReplyDelete@Furree Katt: She posted it on my blog post 'Mohali cricket stadium,more like a battle field'
What you said in this comment, is probably what most people in our generation in both countries feel.
ReplyDeleteWe don't hate eachother.
And geographical locations will not hinder or likes or dislikes. :)
@FYF, LOOOOOOOOOL even Hamza said i'm everywhere, haha i feel self conscious now. :(
ReplyDelete@Fatima, yerzzz. i know! LWAP told me already through, um, other means :P
I agree with Smokey_Cat. And I really like that you've posted this because everybody needs to realise how stupid and childish and irrational they're acting with the whole hatred thing.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry but there was one thing you might have gotten wrong. Shahid Afridi was very nice and sportive out there when they lost but when he went back home he made some very nasty comments about people. Which I find strange bcause why would somebody do that? Our of bitterness? Anyway, that is irrelevant and the media must have blown it out of proportion as usual. What *is* relevant is that we should love, not hate. :)