Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Love.

Seriously. I don't get it.

I've spent most of my life thus far thinking I'm some special shit. Major superiority complex. Don't ask me why, or on what account. I just used to think that I was THE thing. It's kind of hard to explain but this is the best I can do.

And then, I started growing up, and saw myself clearly, or whatever, and the way I see myself now, it's.. different. WAY different from what I thought I was. For which I thank God, because the way I used to see myself, well, let's just call it the blockbuster of Shrija-rules-the-universe land. I was a movie that was a blockbuster, is what I mean.

But there're people that see me for what I am really, and they tend to see the good bits, and kind of focus on them.

So much so that I start believing in them.

And I am so, so grateful for them.

There is honestly no better gift or blessing than realising that some one, some one,  sees you. You. And, having given up on ever being seen by anybody a long while back, it rocks my world to the core when someone tells me what they think about me; and when what they think is too glorious to ever possibly make any sense, but is secretly, deep down, reflected in my very soul. And in that moment I realise that I am not alone, and never again will be, for this realisation has warmed some part of me, and that part is never ever going to get frozen again. And in this way does my heart thaw, and in this way do you melt it all. I thank you, I thank you, I thank you from the tips of my toes (they just tingled! :O) till the depths of my eyes, that shine brighter now that I know.



~

This and this.

You can imagine how big a loser I felt like when I realised, right after I blogged like a little cry baby about no one wishing me on my birthday, that these two losers did what they did. Seriously you guys, can you tone down the adoration a little? It's kind of getting hot in here.

And the rest of you. Don't listen to them. I paid them to say all of that. None of it is in any way true. The things they said.. my God. I'd marry them right now if they were here. I don't think any boy will love me the way they do right now. I'm not even kidding. And, being in a girls' college and everything - I mean women's, women's college; we're all women here - I can tell you; you can depend upon it, really, that girls do not just say nice things about other girls unless they want something from them. Or are being two-faced. But these two, I have nothing to give them, and they're as two-faced as Nemo. So if you think about it, they probably DO mean all that they're saying.

Seriously. I don't get it.

All I know is this. We're awesome. We're so awesome, that:


That is all.

9 comments:

  1. I'm two faced, alright. I know you paid me. Why else would I have gone to the trouble *rolls eyes*

    I love you, ass-face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice read. Enjoyed reading this :) I agree with you on basically everything you said. Really cool blog :D
    Tay
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get what you're saying about how it feels when someone truly 'sees' you... that's one hell of a moment. You don't forget things like that. I've never actually seen someone write it down though, so I guess it's what a lot of us overlook. Thanks for bringing it to light.

    And happy belated birthday *wink*. Hope you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tay - Thank you! :D

    Ash - I'm just happy someone read all of that and got what I was trying to say O_O Too often - entirely too often - people don't understand what I say.

    Thank you, you suave thing. I had a great day, thanks. Wink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't agree more with your words :), and that picture is speaking so much in your favour :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww i love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! ♥ I love you too. ♥ ♥ &hearts

    ReplyDelete