Saturday, 8 October 2011

The internet makes you feel like you belong.

Excuse me. Can you stop spying on me while I'm trying to enjoy my privacy? Also, how can one make poses in the mirror? One can only make poses in front of the mirror. 
"I remember having a little bit of a profound moment after watching SATC2, that's the one with Jennifer Hudson in it, right? All I remember is that it was a SATC movie. So I was watching it, and I remember thinking how awesome it would be to be a gang of women like that. Forget the cliches, forget the drama about clothes and shoes and martinis or whatever. That movie - along with a whole host of other chick-flicks and rom-coms and what-have-yous - kind of makes me think about how love and stuff is not a whole consuming obsession but just a part of your life, but friendship and being yourself and doing your own thing, and having the guts to do that in front of people, and having those very people be your best buds in the entire world - that takes balls. And that's, in essence, what SATC embodies - women with balls. I quite love it for one."


I stopped thinking stuff. I stopped writing. I stopped doing many many things. You know what they say - living? In its present continuous form? I'm not doing it. 

Did you read that italicised  paragraph? That's actually an excerpt from a comment I posted on somebody's blog. I think - I'm not sure but I am quite positive - that I wrote that before college happened. And I read it now, and I think "Damn, Shrija, u cleva". 

Although, I cannot vouch for the fact that I am still that Shrija; I mean, I have changed, it's true. Everyone changes, and so did I. I dunno. I've just become so, so used to being on my own. It struck me yesterday - I don't have a group of people I hang out with any more. I almost always walk alone, and travel alone. If someone was stalking me because they, I dunno, wanted to kill me or something, I'd be their easiest kill. I'm literally untraceable, invisible, and all of those things. I could be picked up off of the bus stop and no one'd notice that I'm gone. And I'd thought that was a cool thing all along. Me being such a lone ranger.


I gift this song to myself!

Ok bye.

2 comments:

  1. FINALLY! Somebody who gets that love isn't SUPPOSED to be an obsession, an all consuming thing that makes you forget the entire world. Love is a part, ONE PART. You also have frends, family, tv, internet, studying, all nighters watching movies. Because a person's life is supposed to be made up of everything. It's against human nature to onyl have one thing to live for. You know what's living? Plunging to the depths of your emotions, feeling everything they way it should, and being able to balance it all out. It's all about crying, loving, sharing, screaming, laughing, smiling. I'm dead in life too nowadays. I need to live in its present continous form. I miss myself. As you can see.

    ReplyDelete