Try as I might, I. JUST. CANT!
Picture this --
Sparkles in the air, everywhere. The flower-pots soar higher and higher; if you look close enough, you can see laughing faces amongst the coloured smoke and stars. The little bhoo-chakram spins on the floor, waving out its not-so-little tail of fire and light. The darkness of the hour envelopes it all.
But what's this? In the edge of all the darkness.. there's a girl. Sitting down on the floor.
Closer now. You can see light peeking over her shoulder. What is it?
A lamp. A single, earthen lamp decorated with mirrors and glitter. Not uncommon during this time of the year; especially this time of the year.
But what's this? Is she.. smiling? At the LAMP? Why?
.. I guess she's returning the lamp's gesture. By smiling at it, just like it was doing.
--
*I* can picture this.
*I* can see it all in my mind, clear as a picture.
I see the faces in the flower-pots' light, I see the 100-wallahs crackling on either side, I see the crackers trying to feebly light up the impenetrable darkness. I also see the girl and the smiling lamp that throws a shadow over her, obstructing just that one bit of the blackness.
But, when I try to shift this picture to paper
I fail.
It will eventually come :):)
ReplyDeleteI can only hope that's true
ReplyDeleteOr take art classes :/