Friday, 24 June 2011

But I know the difference between myself and my reflection.

Once you've realised that nobody ever hears anybody, it's so agonisingly easy to just stop hearing yourself, yourself. In a world that babbles constantly, it's hard for everybody to be heard, I suppose it is irrational to think that everybody should hear all that I say. Or don't say. But you know what the sad part is? Some people do.

I used to be among that lot. The ones who used to hear what I said. But now, I don't know. It's so easy to just block out my mind that sometimes, I miss it, I guess. I miss reacting to everything like how I want to, as opposed to how I am supposed to. Soon I forget what I'd be like in the first place. But so what; I try, just like everyone else, to be perfect, don't I? So what if that perfection isn't necessarily me. Right?

Wrong. I want to be me. I want to be the best me that I possibly can. ANY me is perfect, for myself. Shouldn't that be perfect for the world? It should. It will. When I'm brave enough to do it. If I'm brave enough to do it.

But we all know that's not going to happen any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment