Do you think I'm unappreciative? I try to be nice to everybody, you know. I never, ever want to intentionally hurt anybody. ANYBODY. But there's a WHOLE LOT OF DIFFERENCE between being nice and trying to be that way. Isn't there? I don't know.
I've been told that I hurt people unintentionally. And lately, ever since I learnt about this, I've been hyper-aware of what I say/do, and I noticed that all those people that said that I unintentionally hurt people, they're RIGHT. It's like, I kind of read people's faces more than their words, you know. So for me it takes a sec to understand what's really being said. Because usually the eyes are more interesting to read. And they say something and I respond to what I think their eyes/mind is saying, or whatever, I just RESPOND, ok, it's what people are supposed to DO in a conversation, and I guess my dialogue is always quite on the offensive side, as opposed to defence. Or maybe both sides. And then immediately I see this fraction of a shift in their features, and I know I've said something wrong. Even though that was the last thing I wanted to do. On the contrary I was probably trying to be NICE; instead, my logic may have been too skewed for them to understand. Or maybe I wasn't being nice in actuality. Bottom line, I'm a nuisance to society. I should just go and move to Iceland. But I'd really REALLY hate that. I love my life. I love the people in my life. I wouldn't want any other, even though I may delude myself daily about how I'd like to live a different glamorous life each day. But that's also crap. I could never live a different glamorous life! Because I'm not that person! I'm not even A person. Sometimes I walk around, living my life and I don't feel real. I suppose when one is doing things one must feel connected to oneself and realize that one is actually performing said actions and is not just an amused bystander? Well, I hardly do. I live my life in autopilot. And I know no other way to live it. So I fantasize about jumping off cliffs into deep dark icy water because I know that if I really did do that I'd probably not feel real anyway. Things seem more real in my mind, oddly, than when I actually do them.
I don't know. I hate just drawing random conclusions about myself. I'm not all that easy to analyse, I tell myself. But I know that really I just want a simple, succinct and perfectly normal explanation for the way I am.
Hah. That sounded SO emo.
So I loved all your comments about my handbag. I totally am going to add all your suggestions, too, you guys are so practical! In fact, my aunt got me a new handbag from the US, so I guess I need to kit it out any day now.
Oh and I find eating pomegranates sexy because of the seeds. It takes quite a little dexterity to extract just the seeds and pop it into your mouth without splattering the pink juice all over yourself and when I manage to get it right, that very dexterity makes me feel sexy. Does that make sense? It doesn't. Lol. It's just a FRUIT. God. Don't you just love me?
This was really interesting.
ReplyDeleteI'm like that too. I wasn't really aware that the things that I said were hurting people. And like you, I really didn't mean to offend anyone.
And I feel like everyone is a bit complicated and unexplainable. If it wasn't like that, then people wouldn't be interesting. [:
well, you're always nice to me. ♥
ReplyDeleteand i can totally relate with the people's-expression-changing thing! gosh sometimes it's really hard talking when scrutinizing the other person's face to see if their interest is really there or not. and when you say something and their face takes on that i'm-offended look, golly gee that's hard to witness.
"I live my life in autopilot. And I know no other way to live it. So I fantasize about jumping off cliffs into deep dark icy water because I know that if I really did do that I'd probably not feel real anyway. Things seem more real in my mind, oddly, than when I actually do them."
ReplyDelete<3
Yeah its tough to analyse ourselves, but at least that way you'll know that you mean well. And now you'll start being more sensitive and everything, so people will know you care.
ReplyDeleteAnd now that you mention it, the pomegranate theory seems sexy :P
Well, as you said you don't meant to be hurtful which means it's actually not your fault; but strangely I don't see you as a hurtful person. Your really nice!
ReplyDeleteFiona- Thank you, I agree with you.
ReplyDeleteFurree - Yeah, it's heart-wrenching sometimes. And makes you feel like a big loser afterwards.
Kuro - ♥
Harini - Yeah, you're right! :D
Anonymous Pie Lover (:P) - Thank you :)