I have lost friends this year.
But I've gained some too, I hope.
Either way, the friend-balance in my life has been disrupted.
It's very bitter-sweet, losing a friend. I suppose you'd wonder how the sweet part kicks in, but I only mean that, it's bitter that it's over, but it's sweet when you remember how they used to matter, and realise that you'll always know them well, and that no one really changes all that much. It's sweet in that you know that even if they've found newer (and better) friends, you'll always know how they were, and how they got this way.
Why does saying good-bye to 2011 seem excessively pleasant? The anticipation is quite electric. I'm looking forward to a whole lot. Wonderment, wonderment. :)
Friends come, friends go.
ReplyDeleteI've lost a lot of them too.
Hope this year is better.
Happy New Year :)
I hope im one of the "gained ones"
ReplyDeleteIm sorry i went away :x
I ll keep checking in now. iA!